Monday, September 11, 2006

Just an Update

Hello!

So it is the middle of September and not much new has happened, we are taking it easy as August was a very busy, and expensive, month. We have plans to go to Kamakura to see the Daibutsu (the Great Buddha) and the Hachiman-gu Matsuri, where they display horseback archery as samurai warriors used to. School has started again after summer break for most schools, although preschool and conversation classes went as usual but Denis' schedule is much more hectic now. All of our friends have returned from summer vacation, except one - Dave if you read this we miss you, drop us a line - and life is returning to normal. We went to a friend's house for a wine tasting party on Friday and it was the third time since I have been in Japan that we drank wine and it tasted REALLY good, Saturday Denis was recouperating and I went to a local club where they have live music and it was Rockabilly night, I have never seen so many mohawks and skinny jeans in one room. But it was great and I had so much fun. Sunday we chilled at home since it was killer hot and went for Indian food with friends for dinner.

We are approaching the six month mark, I can't believe it has been six months already it has gone so fast. We, especially me, are missing our family and friends. I miss girls nights, and Sunday brunch and BBQ's and patio dinners, or just going for coffee. I miss strolling along 17th Avenue or Stephen Ave and getting virgin mango martinis...I miss inside jokes and backyard gatherings. I really miss you guys, we really miss everyone - so write us, send us a picture, or just send a thought. But you are all in our thoughts.

Take care and we'll talk to you soon.

No comments: